Half Marathon State #39
Start Time: 7am
Temperature: 70 degrees
Division Place: 412/763
Gender Place: N/A
Finish Time: 2:12:38
|At the expo, with Sam and Dunkin Donuts coffee.|
1. Stay at the Seaport Hotel. The start and finish lines run through it. Literally, the finish chute is shuttled through the World Trade Center across the street, up over a bridge and back into the Seaport Hotel.
2. The race honors fallen police officers. There are cops everywhere. Around mile 8, numerous police cars were lined up and the officers were high fiving runners for a block. Very cool.
3. Meet Fancy Nancy at the expo. She has been one of my imaginary friend bloggers for years. When I ran in Rhode Island, she was very encouraging on Facebook. She worked the expo for Zooma, but didn't run the race in Boston.
|The Jolly Green Giant and cute, petite, Fancy Nancy.|
5. Also run through downtown Boston, over bridges and along the Charles River.
|Step off the course at mile 4, turn around and capture this view in Cambridge.|
7. Tour the Old North Church and accidentally stumble upon a "real tour" where the guide requests a docent to give a presentation. Learn, for the first time, the history behind "one if by land, two if by sea". I blame my west coast education for the oversight.
8. VISIT THE TEA PARTY MUSEUM!! I can't stress what a gem this place is. Worth every penny of the admission fee. The live actors, the video presentations, the act of tossing the tea over the boat were all well done and so much fun.
|Tea bags. Or tea crates with rope to pull back into the boat to toss again.|
|...or a cute photo with your teenager.|