Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bloglovin, Twitter and Fitterati

I confess, I used to read all of your blogs from my blog roll.  Somehow, lots of the Wordpress blogs dropped off.  And, Elizabeth's Running for Bling never, ever would sync up to the darn thing.

When I was running with E in New Orleans, I confessed my problem to her.  Instead of sending me private messages every time she posts, she offered up a different solution, Bloglovin.  I was skeptical.  Now, I'm lovin' Bloglovin.  I linked you guys in, and I get one email, in the morning, listing everyone that had a new post the day before.  I can also check it during the day (there's an app as well!) to check on more recent/that day's posts.  Thanks for solving my problem, E.

***************************************************

I've been on Twitter (@JTifLG) since the beginning of January.  I don't post much, and am still figuring it out.  It is fun, however, to eavesdrop on the non stop running dialogue that so many bloggers share.

*********************************************


Some unknown somebody nominated my blog for the Fitness Magazine Fitterati awards.  How cool!  Lots of the big guns are nominated as well.  I have no idea what the winner wins.  So, if you want to, take a minute, sign in and vote for your favorite running blog HERE.  I'm currently in last place, hehe.  Like the Academy Awards, it's just nice to be nominated.  Thanks, somebody, I appreciate being a favorite!

14 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm going to have to check out bloglovin'! I'm intrigued! Thanks for sharing.

Run with Jess said...

Same problem here ... gonna have to check out bloglovin. I signed up for Linky but don't find it user-friendly.

Tasha @Healthy Diva said...

I am going to have to check bloglovin out now! It seems like a great concept.

Jen said...

hmmm bloglovin' I have been using google reader and so far it is still working - hopefully it all won't disappear.

Laura Boll said...

Glad you mentinoed bloglovin' - I need a better system, and was curious about it. I'm on twitter too, I'll follow you and head over to vote as well!

Fruit Fly said...

Wow! You're super famous now!

I'm having issues finding time to read blogs lately ... maybe I need to get in on this whole Bloglovin' thing, too!

psstt... See you this weekend! Yay!!!

Ricole Runs said...

Wait what??!! Bloglovin does that??! That sounds amazing! I'm going to go sign up RIGHT NOW!!!

Britton said...

I just recently signed up for bloglovin but I didn't really enjoy it. I found that some of my blogs would not show up in my list and I could never figure out why. I have converted to google reader and have really enjoyed using it! Glad you had more luck with bloglovin than I did!!

Wells L said...

Never heard of bloglovin - guess I'm not one of the cool kids :(

I wrote up my N2U March activity -
http://mystorychapter2.blogspot.com/2012/03/chapter-2-page-556n2u-cross-training.html

Marissa said...

i gotta check out bloglovin' too...

i was nominated too!!! yay, good luck to ya! it would be well-deserved for you :-)

Caroline said...

I will check this one out
never heard of it!

Alma said...

I have the same problem with the dang blogroll! Kerrie & Jamoosh are evasive. I need to check on Bloglovin, thanks for the tip.

dreambigrunner.com said...

I'm using google reader it works well with wordpress and blogspot. It highlights all new posts and you can search either after blog now or published date. Once you read a blog it goes off your reading list. It works really well for me.

Suz and Allan said...

I'm enjoying google reader for now but I've heard a lot of good things about Bloglovin' so I may have to give it a try.