Friday, March 2, 2012

Plan for RNR New Orleans

Thanks again for letting me borrow your skirt, Ms. Alma.
Purple and mardi gras lime green?  Absolutely!  Elizabeth, B and L will be rockin' the purple top/green sparkle skirt combo.  I, will be dressed in Alma's purple skirt and my new Nike lime green shirt.  We should all look fabulous together.

Unfortunately, our flight lands about an hour before the huge Twitter/blogger meetup at the race expo.  I'm so bummed.  Beth will be racing too.  I think she pulled together a Saturday lunch meetup, another get together I'm missing out on.  My goal is to get to the expo before it closes and find a safe place for a pre race dinner.  Sunday and Monday will be about eating out, New Orleans style.  I will definitely hit up Cafe du Monde, everyone has been recommending it.

Since I'm missing out on the bloggy get togethers, you know you can find me Saturday morning in corral #8 (bib #8481), if you want to say "hi".  I believe the gang will all be there. B, L and Elizabeth are stepping back into my corral, so we can start together.  It appears you can move back, but not forward at these RNR events.  And, you can track us if you like....well, if you want to pay $2.

My A goal is a sub 2.  A little nervous about the heat and humidity....so the B goal is a sub 2:05.  The course is flast (flat and fast).

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!    

24 comments:

Tasha @Healthy Diva said...

Love the outfit, very NOLA. Good luck, have fun & watch for potholes in the roads (there is a lot of them down there!).

Wells L said...

Such a cute outfit!!! LOVE it!

Good luck and have fun!

Jamie said...

Love the outfit!

I can't wait to hear all about it! Good luck!

Abby's Road said...

My outfit looks very similar! I can't decide if I want to rock the MG colors or the Saints colors bc I have the gold sparkle. Anyway, hope you enjoy my hometown!

Lisa J said...

1. Impressed with the fact that you keep up with blogging while traveling

2. super cute outfits

3. get to cafe du monde early, CRAZY lines (probably best to go mon since a lot of travelers will be gone)

4. its easy to start ahead in different corrals at RnR event because they are so large, IF you're wanting to get ahead that is

5. Good luck and knock 'em dead

Jess said...

Love the purple sparkles and lime! Good luck! Can't wait to hear the recap.

giraffy said...

I LOVE YOUR OUTFIT. That Purple is freaking beautiful - I bought one for Gabby, and I'm pretty jealous, so I think I'll be picking one up for me as well.

Have fun! I won't be shelling out the $2 to track you guys. RnR, shady characters...

Shelley said...

LOVE those colors - you are going to look so cute! Have fun, have a great race...I'll miss seeing you cross the finish, but I'll be there in spirit!

Taryn said...

Love the adorable outfit. Perfect NOLA colors!!! :)

Have a great time!!!!

Nicole said...

Love the outfit! Have lots of fun!

Robin said...

Cute themed outfit! Love it! You're going to rock the race ....

Kathy said...

CUTE outfit! Good luck on your run!

Run with Jess said...

That outfit totally ROCKS!! Good luck my friend!

Jen said...

best of luck!!!!! I hope you have a great time!

carrie said...

Good luck!!!!

Laurie said...

You are going to look great!! Hope you have a super fun race and enjoy your time living it up in New Orleans.

Jules said...

Cool outfit - love the colors!

Rock the house, m'dear!

Raina said...

Have a great race at NOLA!! Just a bit Jealous :)

Love the color combo..
I'll be looking for FB updates!

B. Jarosz said...

Those are my goals, too. But somehow I'm in corral 6. I dunno what they were thinking... Maybe I'll sneak back and run with you? I have no green or purple but can your team use another runner?

Suz and Allan said...

Great outfit! Hope the race went well!

sammy said...

Nice outfit!! Good luck hope u have a great race.

Fruit Fly said...

Fun Fun Fun!!!

I'll send happy thoughts your way - while I'm still sleeping (due to the time difference).

Michael said...

An early pre-recap congratulations on your race this last weekend. Hope you had a blast !!!

Ricole said...

How did it go???!!!!