Thursday, December 6, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1.  After work yesterday, I ran 4 miles.  I haven't run since last Friday.  My hope was that taking some extra days off would be good for my right calf (and hamstring).  I wish that it would have been a pain free run, but it wasn't.  I came home and iced the calf and stretched the hamstring.

During the run, I thoroughly enjoyed the Another Mother Runner podcast.  This week it was all about how to eat smarter as a runner.  My favorite quote/advice was about the holidays.  Eat what you want on the DAY, then get back on track the following day.  Remember, it's a holiDAY, not a holiWEEK.

2.  Do you travel for races?  Have you discovered the Gate Guru app?

Picture from my phone.  Yep, the  Southwest and Kayak apps are good too.
I wish I had found this months ago.  S and I used it to figure out where to eat at O'Hare and the Denver airports on our trip to Orlando.  You punch in your airport, pick the concourse/terminal and all the restaurants pop up.  Note:  the Chilis at O'Hare doesn't serve Big Mouth Bites.  I almost shed a tear.

3.  Beth at DiscomBOBulated Running recently shared about the site Gizoogle dot net.  As Beth stated, 

It's basically a translator that turns all interweb sites into sites written by the dog father, Snoop D-oh-double-G-ya-see?

I put my Space Coast Half Marathon post into the app and laughed and laughed.  S didn't find it as funny as I did, but do it with one of your posts.  You will LOL, for realz.  (Gizoogle changes the name of my blog to (Just) Tryin' is fo' Little Hoes, see, LOL).

Happy Thursday, yo!

19 comments:

Run with Jess said...

So it's not a HoliMONTH? My problem isn't Christmas Day but the whole time period between Thanksgiving and New Years! I'm a sucker for all the treats... and parties.

Shelley said...

I'm sorry you are having some pain - I hate to hear that. :(

And now I must go try that gizoogle site - just the name has me laughing already!

Canuck Mom said...

Yuck. Hate to hear you are having pain, especially hamstring stuff. Been there and done that. Still acts up from time to time and all on my left left, non-dominate leg. It is my ITB and hamstring on that side. I turned 37 and the aches started. LOL!! I like that podcast too. It is a good one. I allow myself those cheat days. If I didn't I would binge a ton.

nrmrvrk said...

Re: #3... Great translation! The comments are the best part.

giraffy said...

I FREAKING LOVE GIZOOGLE!!!

I am positive it is Holimonth. Positive.

Bummer about the leg funk :(. roll roll roll, yo.

One Crazy Penguin said...

I definitely need to try that website. Fo rizzle!

Also, good heads up on the gate app. I always have issues in airports and this will definitely help!

Sam said...

(Just) Tryin' is fo' Little Hoes = LMFAO

Becka said...

I have never heard of Gizoogle!

fancy nancy said...

I have to check out that app!!! I'm sorry your still having pain...yuck!

Lisa J said...

what a handy airport ap! I'm sure i'm going to waste hours now translating things as well. Tell scott he has no sense of humor- i giggle just reading your blog translation

Cynthia said...

LOL, well I guess if you ever feel like changing your blog name right. I am searching for the gizoogle app now.

Pam said...

I found gizoogle one night last week and laughed until I cried.

Average Woman Runner said...

HA! Ok, trying that ap now...

FreeJulie said...

LMAO! Oh, I'm dying. Good thing that site is blocked from my work PC or I know how I'd spend today. :) For my blog description it says "Jacked Julie: I have found a freshly smoked up bona fo' cyclin n' hustlin, mutha(BLEEP)! I'm just gettin started: dis B-ta-tha-L-O-Gizzay chroniclez mah freshly smoked up experiences!"

Dying laughing. I want to play with this all day. And I know I just sent you a screen shot of everything I just typed out, but I am laughing that hard - I had to write it here, too.

FreeJulie said...

Oh yes, yes, and eat right and take care of your injury and find good restaurants and I'm sorry about the horrific disappointment at Chili's, and all the other important stuff in that post! Bahahaha, I think I will take the rest of the day off to go play with Gizoogle at home. :)

runningsurvivor said...

lol...too funny! I like your explanation that the Christmas Holiday is just one day not a Holi-week...I will try to keep that in mind...Blessings to you and yours

http://runningsurvivor.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

that.is.hilarious! so sorry about the hamstring. do you go to a chiropractor? i can’t remember…

good to know about the holiDAY. i’m not so good at that. need to remember this!

B.o.B. said...

Lol! Oh snap. How'd I miss this shout out? Glad we're all sharing the dog father. ;)

Christopher Weaver said...

I gotta keep the holiDAY in mind.... I feel like it is holiSEASON! I try to convince myself I am just "bulking" up in the off-season, LOL! Great post!